Title: Some Hypergeometric Summation Theorems and Reduction Formulas via Laplace Transform Method
Montes Taurus J. Pure Appl. Math. / ISSN: 2687-4814
Article ID: MTJPAM-D-20-00016; Volume 3 / Issue 3 / Year 2021 (Special Issue), Pages 182-199
Document Type: Research Paper
Author(s): Mohammad Idris Qureshi a , Showkat Ahmad Dar b
aDepartment of Applied Sciences and Humanities, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Jamia Millia Islamia (Central University), New Delhi, 110025, India
bDepartment of Applied Sciences and Humanities, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Jamia Millia Islamia (Central University), New Delhi, 110025, India — Post Graduate Department of Mathematics, Govt. Degree College Boys Baramulla, University of Kashmir, Kashmir, 193502, India
Received: 29 June 2020, Accepted: 4 September 2020, Published: 25 April 2021.
Corresponding Author: Showkat Ahmad Dar (Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Full Text: PDF
In this paper, we obtain analytical solutions of Laplace transform based some generalized class of the hyperbolic integrals in terms of hypergeometric functions 3F2(±1), 4F3(±1), 5F4(±1), 6F5(±1), 7F6(±1) and 8F7(±1) with suitable convergence conditions, by using some algebraic properties of Pochhammer symbols. In addition, reduction formulas for 4F3(1), 7F6(−1) and some new summation theorems (not recorded earlier in the literature of hypergeometric functions) for 3F2(−1),6F5(±1), 7F6(±1) and 8F7(±1) are obtained.
Keywords: Generalized hypergeometric functions, Summation and multiplication theorems, Laplace transform, Beta and Gamma functionReferences:
- W. N. Bailey, Generalised Hypergeometric Series, Cambridge Math. Tract No. 32, Cambridge Univ. press, Cambridge; Reprinted by Stechert-Hafner, New York, 1935.
- J. Choi and A. K. Rathie, General Summation formulas for the Kampé de Fériet function, Montes Taurus J. Pure Appl. Math. 1 (1), 107-128, 2019.
- A. Erdélyi, W. Magnus, F. Oberhettinger and F. G. Tricomi, Higher Transcendental Functions, Vol.1., McGraw-Hill, New York, Toronto and London, 1953.
- I. S. Gradshteyn and I. M. Ryzhik, Table of integrals, series, and products, Edited by Jeffrey, A. and Zwillinger, D., Academic Press, New York, 7th edition, 2007.
- I. S. Gradshteyn and I. M. Ryzhik, Table of integrals, series, and products, Daniel Zwillinger (Editor), Victor Moll (Scientific Editor), Academic Press is an imprint of Elsevier, 225 Wyman Street, Waltham, MA 02451, USA , 525 B Street, Suite 1800, San Diego, CA 92101-4495, USA. 8th ed., 2015.
- I. H. Khan, The study of some generalized Gaussian hypergeomtric functions, Ph.D. thesis (under the supervision of Prof. M. I. Qureshi), Dapartment of Applied Sciences and Humanities, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India, 2007.
- A. P. Prudnikov, Y. A. Brychkov and O. I. Marichev, Integrals and Series: Volume 3: More special functions, Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, 1990.
- M. I. Qureshi, I. H. Khan and M. P. Chaudhary, Hypergeometric Forms of well known Partial Fractions Expansions of Some Meromorphic Functions, Global Journal of Science Frontier Research 11 (6), 45-52, 2011.
- E. D. Rainville, Special Functions, Macmillan Company, New York, 1960; Reprinted by Chelsea Publishing Company, Bronx, New York, 1971.
- H. M. Srivastava and H. L. Manocha, A Treatise on Generating Functions, Halsted Press (Ellis Horwood Limited, Chichester, U.K.), John Wiley and Sons, New york, Chichester, Brisbane and Toronto, 1984.