Title: Euclidean Degree Energy Graphs
Montes Taurus J. Pure Appl. Math. / ISSN: 2687-4814
Article ID: MTJPAM-D-20-00030; Volume 3 / Issue 1 / Year 2021, Pages 89-105
Document Type: Research Paper
Author(s): Yate Shanthakumari a , Mariswamy Smitha b , Veerabadhraiah Lokesha c
aDepartment of Studies in Mathematics, Vijayanagara Sri krishnadevaraya University, Ballari, Karnataka, India
bDepartment of Mathematics, JSS Science and Technology University, Mysuru-570 006, India
cDepartment of Studies in Mathematics, Vijayanagara Sri krishnadevaraya University, Ballari, Karnataka, India
Received: 18 September 2020, Accepted: 15 December 2020, Available online: 7 January 2021.
Corresponding Author: Mariswamy Smitha (Email address: email@example.com)
Full Text: PDF
In this paper we introduce new energy of graph that is Euclidean degree energy. We obtain characteristic polynomial of the Euclidean degree of standard graphs and graphs obtained by some graph operations and also we characterize Euclidean hyperenergetic, nonhyperenergetic and borderenergetic graphs.
Keywords: Euclidean degree matrix, Euclidean degree polynomial and energy, Hyperenergetic graphsReferences:
- M. Aouchiche and P. Hansen, Distance spectra of graphs: A survey, Linear Algebra Appl. 458, 301-386, 2014.
- R. B. Bapat and S. Pati, Energy of a graph is never an odd integer, Bull. Kerala Math. Assoc. 1, 129-132, 2004.
- A. E. Brouwer and W. H. Haemers, Spectra of Graphs, Springer, Berlin, 2012.
- F. Buckley, Iterated line graphs, Congr. Numer. 33, 390-394, 1981.
- F. Buckley, The size of iterated line graphs, Graph Theory Notes New York 25, 33-36, 1993.
- D. Cvetkovic, M. Doob and H. Sachs, Spectra of Graphs-Theory and Applications, Academic Press, New York, 1980.
- D. Cvetkovic, P. Rowlinson and S. K. Simic, Eigenvalue bounds for the signless Laplacian, Publ. Inst. Math.(Beograd) 81, 11-27, 2007.
- J. B. Diaz and F. T. Metcalf, Stronger forms of a class of inequalities of G. Poly-G.Szego and L. V. Kantorovich, Bulletin of the AMS 60, 415-418, 2003.
- S. Gong, X. Li, G. Xu, I. Gutman and B. Furtula, Borderenergetic graphs, MATCH Commun. Math. Comput. Chem. 74, 321–332, 2015.
- I. Gutman, The energy of a graph, Ber. Math. Statist. Sekt. Forschungsz. Graz 103, 1-22, 1978.
- I. Gutman, Hyperenergetic molecular graphs, J. Serbian Chem. Soc. 64, 199–205, 1999.
- F. Harary, Graph Theory, Addison-Wesely, Reading, Mass, 1969.
- S. R. Jog, S. P. Hande and D. S. Revankar, Degree sum polynomial of graph valued functions on regular graphs, Int. J.Graph Theory 1, 108-115, 2013.
- B. Mohar, The Laplacian spectrum of graphs, Graph Theory, Combinatorics and Applications, in: Y. Alavi, G. Chartrand, O. R. Ollermann, A. J. Schwenk (Eds.), Wiley, New York, 2, 871-898, 1991.
- N. Ozeki, On the estimation of inequalities by maximum and minimum values, J. College Arts and Science, Chiba Univ. 5, 199-203, 1968.
- S. Pirzada and I. Gutman, Energy of a graph is never the square root of an odd integer, Appl. Anal. Discr. Math. 2, 118-121, 2008.
- H. S. Ramane, D. S. Revankar and J. B. Patil, Bounds for the degree sum eigenvalues and degree sum energy of a graph, Int. J. Pure Appl. Math. Sci. 6, 161-167, 2013.
- H. S. Ramane and S. S. Shinde, Degree exponent polynomial of graphs obtained by some graph operations, Electronic Notes in Discrete Math. 63, 161-168, 2017.
- E. Sampathkumar and S. B. Chikkodimath, Semitotal graphs of a graph-I, J. Karnatak Univ. Sci. 18, 274-280, 1973.