Title: Variational approach for a class of delay second-order differential equations
Montes Taurus J. Pure Appl. Math. / ISSN: 2687-4814
Article ID: MTJPAM-D-21-00038; Volume 5 / Issue 1 / Year 2023, Pages 71-77
Document Type: Research Paper
aDepartment of Sciences and Technology, University Center of Maghnia, 13300 Maghnia, Algeria – Laboratory of Dynamical Systems and Applications, University of Tlemcen
bLaboratory of Dynamical Systems and Applications, University of Tlemcen
cDepartment of Mathematics, University of Tlemcen, 13000 Tlemcen, Algeria
Received: 3 June 2021, Accepted: 1 June 2023, Published: 21 July 2023
Corresponding Author: Fatima Dib (Email address: email@example.com)
Full Text: PDF
We consider a class of nonautonomous second-order delay differential equations. By means of variational approach, we prove the existence of at least one periodic solution.
Keywords: Differential equation, periodic solution, variational methodReferences:
- M. Ayachi and J. Blot, Variational methods for almost periodic solutions of a class of neutral delay equations, Abstr. Appl. Anal. 2008, 2008; Article ID: 153285.
- L. Bai, J. J. Nieto and J. M. Uzal, On a delayed epidemic model with non-instantaneous impulses, Commun. Pure Appl. Anal. 19 (4), 1915–1930, 2020.
- H. Brezis, Analyse fonctionnelle, théorie et applications, Masson, Paris, 1983.
- N. Daoudi-Merzagui and F. Dib, Positive periodic solutions to impulsive delay differential equations, Turkish J. Math. 41 (4), 969–982, 2017.
- F. Dib and N. Daoudi-Merzagui, Multiple periodic solutions for second order impulsive delay differential equations, Int. J. Dyn. Syst. Differ. Equ. 9 (3), 298–312, 2019.
- L. C. Evans, Partial differential equations, American Mathematical Society, Graduate Studies in Mathematics, 19, 1998.
- C. Guo and Z. Guo, Existence of multiple periodic solutions for a class of second-order delay differential equations, Nonlinear Anal., Real World Appl. 10 (5), 3285–3297, 2009.
- Z. Guo and J. Yu, Multiplicity results for periodic solutions to delay differential equations via critical point theory, J. Differential Equations 218 (1), 15–35, 2005.
- J. Hale and S. M. Verduyn Lunel, Introduction to functional differential equations, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1993.
- O. Kavian, Introduction à la théorie des points critiques et application aux problèmes elliptiques, Springer-Verlag, France, Paris, 1993.
- J. Mawhin and M. Willem, Critical point theory and Hamiltonian systems, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1989.
- J. J. Nieto and D. O’Regan, Variational approach to impulsive differential equations, Nonlinear Anal., Real World Appl. 10 (2), 680–690, 2009.
- J. J. Nieto and J. M. Uzal, Nonlinear second-order impulsive differential problems with dependence on the derivative via variational structure, J. Fixed Point Theory Appl. 22, 2020; Article ID: 19.
- X-B. Shu and Y-T. Xu, Multiple periodic solutions to class of second-order nonlinear mixed-type functional differential equations, Int. J. Math. Math. Sci. 2005 (17), 2689–2702, 2005; Article ID: 851685.
- M. Struwe, Variational methods applications to nonlinear partial differential equations and Hamiltonian systems, Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, 2000.
- G. Q. Wang and J. R. Yan, Existence of periodic solutions for second-order nonlinear neutral delay equations, Acta Math. Sinica 47 (2), 379–384, 2004.