Title: Investigation of bauxite module classification using regression analysis and inequality expressions involving them
Montes Taurus J. Pure Appl. Math. / ISSN: 2687-4814
Article ID: MTJPAM-D-21-00077; Volume 4 / Issue 1 / Year 2022, Pages 142-148
Document Type: Research Paper
aDepartment of Mathematics, Akdeniz University, Faculty of Science, 07058 Antalya, Turkey
Received: 20 December 2021, Accepted: 14 January 2022, Published: 9 February 2022.
Corresponding Author: Fusun Yalcin (Email address: email@example.com)
Full Text: PDF
In engineering applications, the classifications of ore quality are significant since this form of application plays a key role in the use of ore in industry. This study determines the quality of Minim-Martap bauxite ore based on the modulus. The modulus of Al2O3/SiO2 was used for this classification. First of all, the composition of the bauxite was determined and the correlation between the contents was considered. The analysis was optimized by introducing iterations, and the correlation between the contents was revealed using the regression analysis. Then, the modulus classification and/or quality of bauxite was determined using the inequality expressions.
Keywords: Optimization, inequality expressions, bauxite quality classification, bauxite modulus (Al2O3/SiO2), regression analysis, applied mathematicsReferences:
- T. Addison, A. Boly and A. Mveyange, The impact of mining on spatial inequality: Recent evidence from Africa, The World Bank, 2017.
- O. O. Atakoglu and M. G. Yalcin, Geochemical characterization of the Sutlegen bauxite deposit, SW Antalya, Min. Miner. Depos. 15 (3), 108–121, 2021.
- O. O. Atakoglu and M. G. Yalcin, Explanation of the Sutlegen bauxites to some REE contents by statistical approach and inequality expressions, Gazi Univ. J. Sci. Part A : Eng. 391–401, 2021.
- O. O. Atakoglu, M. G. Yalcin and S. F. Ozmen, Determination of radiological hazard parameters and radioactivity concentrations in bauxite samples: the case of the Sutlegen Mine Region (Antalya, Turkey), J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem. 329, 1–15, 2021.
- B. Aydin, F. Yalcin, O. Ozer and M. G. Yalcin, Regression analysis and statistical examination of Knoop hardness on abrasion resistance in Lyca beige marbles, Filomat 34 (2), 609–614, 2020.
- G. Bardossy, RegreKarst bauxites, bauxite deposits on carbonate rocks, Developments in Economic Geology 14, 1982.
- H. Bartusevičius, A congruence analysis of the inequality–conflict nexus: Evidence from 16 cases, Confl. Manag. Peace Sci. 36 (4), 339–358, 2019.
- Y. L. Botero, J. E. López-Rendón, D. Ramírez, D. M. Zapata and F. Jaramillo, From clay minerals to Al2O3 nanoparticles: Synthesis and colloidal stabilization for optoelectronic applications, Minerals 10 (2), 118, 2020.
- B. Boulange, G. Bouzat and M. Pouliquen, Pouliquen mineralogical and geochemical characteristics of two bauxitic profiles, Fria, Guinea Republic, Miner. Deposita 31 (5), 432–438, 1996.
- P. S. Ciccantell and S. Bunker, International inequality in the age of globalization: Japanese economic ascent and the restructuring of the capitalist world-economy, J. World-Syst. 8 (1), 62–98, 2002.
- I. Cseresnyés, E. Cseresnyés-Bózsing, J. Tamás, Z. Barina and P. Csontos, Effect of Austrian pine on naturalness and succession of vegetation in reclaimed bauxite quarries, Appl. Ecol. Environ. Res. 12 (4), 931–946, 2014.
- DPT 2625, Madencilik özel ihtisas komisyonu raporu: Metal madenler alt komisyonu boksit çalışma grubu raporu, 2001.
- L. Duan, J. Zuo, T. Zhang, J. Peng and J. Gong, Mining contrast inequalities in numeric dataset, In International Conference on Web-Age Information Management, 194–205, 2010.
- I. Durić, I. Mihajlović, Ž. Živković and D. Kešelj, Artificial neural network prediction of the aluminum extraction from bauxite in the Bayer process, J. Serb. Chem. Soc. 77 (9), 1259–1271, 2012.
- W. R. Easterly, Globalization, inequality and development: the big picture. Institute for monetary and economic studies, Bank of Japan 2004.
- M. Favaretto, E. De Clercq and B. S. Elger, Big Data and discrimination: perils, promises and solutions. A systematic review, J. Big Data 6 (1), 12, 2019.
- J. Gafar, Income distribution, inequality, and poverty during economic reforms in Guyana, The Journal of Developing Areas 38 (1), 55–77, 2004.
- N. Girvan and C. Girvan, Making the rules of the game: Company-country agreements in the bauxite industry, Soc. Econ. Stud. 20 (4), 378–419, 1971.
- N. N. Gow and G. P. Lozej, Bauxite, Geosci. Canada 20 (1), 9–16, 1993.
- T. Kneese, A. Rosenblat and D. Boyd, Inequalities and asymmetries, The Social, Cultural Ethical Dimensions of “Big Data”, 2014.
- T. Y. Lin, Mathematical foundation of association rules–mining associations by solving integral linear inequalities, In Foundations of Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery 21–42, 2005.
- S. Lu and T. Chai, Mesoscale particle size predictive model for operational optimal control of bauxite ore grinding process, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics 2020.
- A. Moradi and J. Baten, Inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa: new data and new insights from anthropometric estimates, World Dev. 33 (8), 1233–1265, 2005.
- MTA, Geological map of Turkey, 1:500.000 scaled Konya quadrangle, General Directorate of Mineral Research and Exploration 2002.
- D. G. Nyamsari and M. G. Yalcin, Statistical analysis and source rock of the Minim-Martap plateau bauxite, Cameroon, Arab. J. Geosci. 10 (18), 1–16, 2017.
- D. G. Nyamsari, M. G. Yalcin and I. Wolfson, Alteration, chemical processes, and parent rocks of Haléo-Danielle plateau bauxite, adamawa–cameroon, Lithol. Miner. Resour. 55, 231–243, 2020.
- D. G. Nyamsari, F. Yalcin, M. T. Mboh, F. G. Alfred and M. G. Yalcin, Natural radioactive risk assessment in top soil and possible health effect in Minim and Martap villages, Cameroon: using radioactive risk index and statistical analysis, Kerntechnik, 84 (2), 115–122, 2019.
- C. Y. Oduro, C. Peprah and R. Adamtey, Analysis of the determinants of spatial inequality in ghana using two-stage least-square regression, Dev. Ctry. Stud. 4 (20), 28–44, 2014.
- O. Ozer and M. G. Yalcin, Correlation of chemical contents of Sutlegen (Antalya) bauxites and regression analysis, In AIP Conference Proceedings, 2293 (1), 180008, 2020.
- O. Ozer, F. Yalcin, O. K. Tarinc and M. G. Yalcin, Investigation of suitability of marbles to standards with inequality expressions and statistical approach using some physical and mechanical properties, J. Inequal. Appl. 2020 (1), 1–15, 2020.
- J. R. Price and M. A. Velbel, Chemical weathering indices applied to weathering profiles developed on heterogeneous felsic metamorphic parent rocks, Chem. Geol. 202 (3-4), 397–416, 2003.
- A. F. Reeson, T. G. Measham and K. Hosking, Mining activity, income inequality and gender in regional Australia, Aust. J. Agric. Resour. Econ. 56 (2), 302–313, 2012.
- S. Ruangsang, K. Jirasereeamornkul and W. Assawinchaichote, Control of time-varying delay systems with uncertaın parameters via Fuzzy-modeled prescribed performance control approach, Int. J. Innov. Comput. 16 (2), 2020.
- S. Sahin, Correlation between silicon dioxide and aluminium oxide contents of bauxite samples, Hydrometallurgy 44 (1-2), 185–190, 1997.
- W. Schellmann, Eine neue Laterit definition, Geologisches Jahrbuch-Reihe 58, 31-–47, 1982.
- M. Sidibe and M. G. Yalcin, Petrography, mineralogy, geochemistry and genesis of the Balaya bauxite deposits in Kindia region, Maritime Guinea, West Africa, J. African Earth Sci. 149, 348–366, 2019.
- D. Slater, Underdevelopment and spatial inequality: Approaches to the problems of regional planning in the third world, Prog Plann. 4, 97–167, 1975.
- B. Tutmez, Bauxite quality classification by shrinkage methods, J. Geochem. Explor. 191, 22–27, 2018.
- K. Viswanath, R. S. Rao, C. V. K. Rao, K. R. Krishna, B. R. Krishna and G. E. G. Santhosh, E-man Part II: Application of neural networks for classification of bauxite, J. Appl. Chem. 1 (1), 109–124, 2012.
- Y. Wang, X. Chen, W. Gui, C. Yang, L. Caccetta and H. Xu, A hybrid multiobjective differential evolution algorithm and its application to the optimization of grinding and classification, J. Appl. Math. 2013 (2), 1–15, 2013; Article ID 841780.
- F. Yalcin, Data analysis of beach sands’ chemical analysis using multivariate statistical methods and heavy metal distribution maps: the case of Moonlight Beach sands, Kemer, Antalya, Turkey, Symmetry 12 (9), 1538, 2020.
- M. G. Yalcin and S. Ilhan, Major and trace element geochemistry of bauxites of Ayranci, Karaman, central Bolkardag, Turkey, Asian J. Chem. 25 (5), 2893–2904, 2013.
- F. Yalcin, N. Ilbeyli, M. Demirbilek, M. G. Yalcin, A. Gunes, A. Kaygusuz and S. F. Ozmen, Estimation of natural radionuclides’ concentration of the plutonic rocks in the Sakarya Zone, Turkey using multivariate statistical methods, Symmetry 12 (6), 1048, 2020.
- M. G. Yalcin, D. G. Nyamsari, E. Paksu and F. Yalcin, Statistical assessment of rare earth elements of bauxite deposits of Minim-Martap plateau, Cameroon, International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference: SGEM 2, 819–825, 2016.
- F. Yalcin, O. Ozer, D. G. Nyamsari and M. G. Yalcin, Statistical evaluation of the geochemical content of beach sand along the Sarisu-Kemer coastline of Antalya, Turkey, In AIP Conference Proceedings, 2116 (1), 100005, 2019.
- F. Yalcin, S. Unal, M. G. Yalcin, O. Akturk, S. B. Ocak and S. F. Ozmen, Investigation of the effect of hydrothermal waters on radionuclide activity concentrations in natural marble with multivariate statistical analysis, Symmetry 12 (8), 1-21, 2020.
- V. V. Zhukov and B. A. Bogatyrev, Dynamic models of lateritic bauxite formation, Geol. Ore Depos. 54 (5), 370–397, 2012.