Title: Sin single-step rational method for the numerical solution of initial value problems
Montes Taurus J. Pure Appl. Math. / ISSN: 2687-4814
Article ID: MTJPAM-D-22-00004; Volume 5 / Issue 2 / Year 2023, Pages 6-15
Document Type: Research Paper
aDepartment of Mathematics, Dyal Singh College (University of Delhi), Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003, India
bMathematics Unit, School of Foundation, Bahrain Polytechnic, Isa Town, PO Box-33349, Kingdom of Bahrain
Received: 16 February 2022, Accepted: 26 September 2023, Published: 25 October 2023
Corresponding Author: Pramod Kumar Pandey (Email address: email@example.com)
Full Text: PDF
In this article, a sin single-step rational method for the numerical numerical solution of the first order differential equation and corresponding initial value problems has been proposed. Also, the consistency and stability of the proposed second order implicit, non-linear method are discussed. The development of the method is based on the local representation of the solution by the sin-rational fraction. Numerical examples are considered to establish the theoretical development of the method and illustrate the computational accuracy and efficiency.
Keywords: Initial value problems, single-step method, rational method, second order method, sin-rational methodReferences:
- R. R. Ahmad, N. Yaacob and A. H. Mohd Murid, Explicit methods in solving stiff ordinary differential equations, Int. J. Comput. Math. 81, 1407–1415, 2004.
- S. O. Fatunla, A new algorithm for numerical solution of ordinary differential equations, Comput. Math. Appl. 2 (3/4), 247–253, 1976.
- R. Frank and C. W. Ueberhuber, Iterated defect correction for the efficient solution of stiff systems of ordinary differential equations, BIT Numerical Mathematics 17, 146–159, 1977.
- M. N. O. Ikhile, Coefficients for studying one-step rational schemes for IVPs in ODEs, Comput. Math. Appl. 41, 769–781, 2001.
- J. D. Lambert, Numerical methods for ordinary differential systems, John Wiley, England, 1991.
- J. D. Lambert and B. Shaw, On the numerical solution of y′=f(x, y) by a class of formulae based on rational y′ approximation, Math. Comp. 19, 456–462, 1965.
- P. K. Pandey, Nonlinear explicit method for first order initial value problems, Acta Technica Jaurinensis 6 (2), 118–125, 2013.
- P. K. Pandey and S. S. A. Jaboob, Explicit method in solving ordinary differential equations of the second order, Int. J. Pure Appl. Math. 76 (2), 233–239, 2012.
- H. Ramos, A non-standard explicit integration scheme for initial-value problems, Appl. Math. Comput. 189, 710–718, 2007.
- F. D. Van Niekerk, Non-linear one-step methods for initial value problems, Comput. Math. Appl. 13 (4), 367–371, 1987.
- F. D. Van Niekerk, Rational one-step methods for initial value problems, Comput. Math. Appl. 16 (12), 1035–1039, 1988.
- X. Y. Wu and J. L. Xia, Two low accuracy methods for stiff systems, Appl. Math. Comput. 123, 141–153, 2001.
- T. Y. Ying and N. Yaacoob, One-Step Exponential-rational methods for the numerical solution of first order initial value problems, Sains Malaysiana 42 (6), 845–853, 2013.