Title: Some topological indices of pentagonal triple chains
Montes Taurus J. Pure Appl. Math. / ISSN: 2687-4814
Article ID: MTJPAM-D-22-00010; Volume 5 / Issue 3 / Year 2023, Pages 58-66
Document Type: Research Paper
aDepartment of Mathematics, School of Applied Sciences, Centurion University of Technology and Management, Odisha, India
bDepartment of Mathematics, SDM College of Engineering and Technology, Dharwad-580002, Karnataka, India
cBursa Uludag University, Department of Mathematics, 16059 Bursa, Turkey
dBursa Uludag University, Department of Mathematics, 16059 Bursa, Turkey
Received:23 March 2022, Accepted:28 April 2022, Published:2 July 2022.
Corresponding Author: Ismail Naci Cangul (Email address: email@example.com)
Full Text: PDF
Recently, some topological graph indices of pentagonal chains and pentagonal double chains are studied and here, we study some topological graph indices of pentagonal triple chains similarly to these previous works. We make use of the vertex and edge partitions of these graphs and calculate their indices by means of these partitions and combinatorial methods. Most of the indices calculated here are based on the degrees of adjacent vertices.
Keywords: Pentagonal triple chain, Zagreb index, vertex degrees, graph indexReferences:
- K. C. Das, N. Akgunes, M. Togan, A. Yurttas, I. N. Cangul and A. S. Cevik, On the first Zagreb index and multiplicative Zagreb coindices of graphs, An. Ştiinţ. Univ. “Ovidius” Constanţa Ser. Mat. 24 (1), 153–176, 2016.
- S. Delen and I. N. Cangul, A new graph invariant, Turkish J. Anal. Number Theory 6 (1), 30–33, 2018.
- S. Delen and I. N. Cangul, Extremal problems on components and loops in graphs, Acta Math. Sin. (Engl. Ser.) 35 (2), 161–171, 2019.
- S. Delen, M. Demirci, A. S. Cevik and I. N. Cangul, On omega index and average degree of graphs, J. Math. 2021, 2021; Article ID: 5565146.
- M. Demirci, S. Delen, A. S. Cevik and I. N. Cangul, Omega index of line and total graphs, J. Math. 2021, 2021; Article ID: 5552202.
- I. Gutman and N. Trinajstić, Graph theory and molecular orbitals. Total ϕ-electron energy of alternant hydrocarbons, Chem. Phys. Lett. 17 (4), 535–538, 1972.
- B. K. Majhi, P. Mahalank and I. N. Cangul, Some topological indices of pentagonal double chains, arXiv:submit/4340177.
- B. K. Majhi, P. Mahalank, O. Cangul and I. N. Cangul, Topological indices of pentagonal chains, Appl. Anal. Optim. 5 (1), 101–108, 2021.
- M. Randić, On characterization of molecular branching, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 97, 6609–6615, 1975.
- A. Yurttas Gunes, S. Delen, M. Demirci, A. S. Cevik and I. N. Cangul, Fibonacci graphs, Symmetry 12, 2020; Article ID: 1383.