Title: Characterization and Zagreb indices of the projective path graphs of order k
Montes Taurus J. Pure Appl. Math. / ISSN: 2687-4814
Article ID: MTJPAM-D-22-00042; Volume 5 / Issue 3 / Year 2023, Pages 111-119
Document Type: Research Paper
aDepartment of Mathematics, Faculty of Arts and Science, Bursa Uludag University, 16059 Bursa, Turkey
Received: 30 December 2022, Accepted: 22 March 2023, Published: 30 March 2023.
Corresponding Author: Fatma Özen Erdoğan (Email address: email@example.com)
Full Text: PDF
In this paper; general formulae for vertex and edge partition of projective path graphs are obtained from projective planes of order k. Then, the characterization of projective-path graphs is presented. The general formulae of additive and multiplicative Zagreb indices and Narumi-Katayama index for the projective path graphs in terms of order k are given. Finally, the vertex-adjacency matrices and energies related to projective path graphs, that are obtained from the projective planes of order k = 2, 3, 4, 5 are calculated.
Keywords: Graph, degree sequence, path, projective plane, topological indices, energy, spectrum, adjacency matrixReferences:
- A. Akpinar, Appendix A, Available at https://sites.google.com/uludag.edu.tr/aakpinar/
ana-sayfa, (Accession date: 29 Dec 2022).
- M. Azari, Sharp lower bounds on the Narumi-Katayama index of graph operations, Appl. Math. Comput. 239, 409–421, 2014.
- M. D. Barrus and E. Donovan, Neighborhood degree lists of graphs, Discrete Math. 341 (1), 175–183, 2018.
- L. M. Batten, Combinatorics of finite geometry, University Press, Cambridge, 1997.
- A. Bondy and M. R. Murty, Graph theory, Springer-Verlag, London, 2008.
- N. I. Cangül, Graf teori-I temel konular, Dora Yayinlari, Bursa, 2017.
- A. Dayioğlu, Affine graphs and their topological indices, J. Math. 2021, 2021; Article ID: 9983771.
- I. Doğan and A. Akpinar, On distance in some finite planes and graphs arising from those planes, J. Math. 2021, 2021; Article ID: 6668682.
- F. Ö. Erdoğan and A. Dayioğlu, Projective graphs obtained from projective planes, Adyusci 8 (2), 115–128, 2018.
- L. R. Foulds, Graph theory applications, Springer, New York, 1992.
- M. C. Golumbic and I. B. Hartman, Graph theory, combinatorics and algorithms, Springer, New York, 2005.
- D. R. Hughes and F. C. Piper, Projective planes, Springer, New York, 1973.
- A. Ilic and D. Stevanovic, On comparing Zagreb indices, MATCH Commun. Math. Comput. Chem. 62 (3), 681–687, 2009.
- R. Kaya, Projektif geometri, Osmangazi Üniversitesi Yayinlari, Eskişehir, 2005.
- J. H. Koolen and V. Moulton, Maximal energy graphs, Adv. Appl. Math. 26 (1), 47–52, 2001.
- R. I. Tyshkevich, A. A. Chernyak and Zh. A. Chernyak, Graphs and degree sequences, Cybernetics 23 (6), 734–745, 1987.
- J. Vanpoucke, Mutually orthogonal latin squares and their generalizations, Master’s thesis, Ghent University, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Mathematics, Ghent, Belgium, 2012.
- W. D. Wallis, A Beginner’s guide to graph theory, Birkhauser, Boston, 2007.
- D. B. West, Introduction to graph theory, Pearson, India, 2001.