A special issue of Montes Taurus Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics (ISSN 2687-4814).
This Special Issue is also in cooperation with the 13th Symposium on Generating Functions of Special Numbers and Polynomials and their Applications (GFSNP 2023) held at Sherwood Exclusive Lara Hotel in Antalya, TURKEY on March 11–13, 2023. We welcome submissions from not only participants of the symposium, but also other contributions. In particular, extended versions, accepted after referee process, of the presented papers will also be published in this Special Issue of the Montes Taurus Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics.
Deadline for manuscript submissions: June 30, 2024.
Special Issue Editors
Prof. Dr. Abdelmejid Bayad Website
Special Issue Editor
Université Paris Saclay, Université d’Évry,
LaMME, Evry Cedex, France
Prof. Dr. Mustafa Alkan Website
Special Issue Editor
Akdeniz University, Turkey
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Irem Kucukoglu Website
Special Issue Editor
Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Turkey
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ortaç Öneş Website
Special Issue Editor
Akdeniz University, Turkey
In progress (Volume 6 / Issue 4 / Year 2024 (Special Issue))
This special issue is in progress but contains articles that are final and fully citable. This issue is regarded as officially published after the cover and table of contents are published.
The following list shows only the research papers published by being assigned to the Special Issue: Current Developments in Pure and Applied Mathematics “Dedicated to Professor Yilmaz Simsek on the occasion of his 60th Anniversary”.
Manuscript submission continues up to June 30, 2024!
Since manuscript submission to this special issue continues, the authors should read the following information about this special issue before submitting their manuscript:
Special Issue Information
This Special Issue of the Montes Taurus Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics (MTJPAM) (ISSN: 2687-4814) is dedicated to Professor Yilmaz Simsek on the occasion of his 60th Anniversary” in recognition of his significant contribution to the fields of Pure and Applied Mathematics.
Professor Yilmaz Simsek’s Short CV:
- PhD. Cukurova University (Adana-Turkey)-1993: (Generalized Dedekind and Hardy sums).
- M.Sc. Cukurova University (Adana-Turkey)-1990: (Hermitian Matrix Inequalities).
- B.Sc. Cukurova University (Adana-Turkey)-1987.
- Certificate/Diploma Teaching involving Courses in university pedagogy January 1988.
His Work Experience
- Member of the faculty, Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, University of Akdeniz since 2005
- Since 2012 Professor
- 2007 – 2012 Associate Professor
- 2005 – 2007 Assistant Professor
- 1993-2005 Member of the faculty, Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Mersin University
- 1993 – 2005 Assistant Professor
- 1988-1993 Member of the faculty, Mersin Vocational High School, Cukurova University
- 1988 – 1993 Lecturer
- Science Award, Akdeniz University Science Antalya Turkey, Service and Encouragement Awards, November 2011.
- Jangjeon Mathematical Society award 2017, Korea
- Ranking of scientists in Turkish Institutions according to their Google Scholar Citations public profiles.
His Current Research Interests
- Real and Complex Analysis and their applications
- Analytic Number Theory and its applications
- Modular Forms
- Elliptic Functions
- p-adic Numbers and their applications
- p-adic integrals and their applications
- p-adic analysis and p-adic Distribution
- Generating Functions and their applications
- Special numbers, Special Polynomials
- Special Functions
- Integral Equations and Transforms
- q-Series and q-Analysis
- Modular form and Elliptic functions associated with Dedekind sums and Hardy Sums, the finite sums
- Theta functions
- Families of Zeta type functions
- Dirichlet series and Lambert-type series
- Umbral Algebra and Umbral Analysis and their applications
- Combinatorial Analysis and their applications
- Probability Distribution functions and their Applications
- Computational Science and Engineering
- Computational Algorithms
- Algebra of the Lyndon words
- Linear Algebra and their applications
- De Bruijn sequences
- Generating functions and special functions associated with Superoscillations
- Applications of generating functions to areas such as the human ear and teeth
International journal he founded:
- Montes Taurus Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics ISSN: 2687-4814, https://mtjpamjournal.com.
In addition to writing hundreds of articles and book chapters in distinguished international journals of mathematical and engineering sciences, he has succeeded in making hundreds of conferences and presenting his work to the service of many researchers in the scientific world as his academic goal and philosophy of life. He has been invited to many scientific activities such as international conferences, seminars, visiting professor. He is referee and editor of many mathematical journals.
His work has received around 6200 citations in Google Scholar with h-index 43. He has memberships of Editorial Board of many international journals. His works contributed to many areas of mathematics, especially generating functions.
Over and above, Professor Simsek continues to work as a referee and editor in many different national and international journals. Professor Simsek advises more than 30 graduate and doctoral students and continues to increase intensively. He provides trainings in many countries with the Erasmus exchange program and the Mevlana exchange program. As a Visiting Professor, Professor Simsek gives trainings and scientific studies in many countries. More than 300 articles and book chapters have been published, and he continues to work on these subjects either alone, either with students or with other international distinguished scientists. Professor Simsek has participated in more than 120 international symposiums and conferences and presented oral presentations in almost every part of the world and in most of the countries, despite the pandemic, he continues to intensify these oral presentations. In addition to these, Professor Simsek has organized many special workshops and has made very important contributions to many workshops and continues to do so. Professor Simsek has devoted his life to mathematics, and his only notable hobby is listening, studying mathematics or exploring new results. In this way, he has made it a philosophy of life that he is very peaceful and can do much more useful work for humanity. With this philosophy of mathematics, Professor Simsek gave his two precious and beloved daughters, Associate Professor Dr. Burcin Simsek (Probability, Statistics and Biostatistics and their applications in medicine and other sciences) and Dr. Buket Simsek (Probability, Statistics and Biostatistics and their applications in medicine and engineering) has also chosen him as a colleague in different fields. He gained very deep knowledge from these two precious daughters. It is worth mentioning that the source of these successes is the tremendous and unforgettable support of his precious wife, Saniye Simsek. Professor Simsek sincerely believe that he will serve for many more years, and write more articles and books, thanks to the support and love of his family, whom he loves very much, the respect and support of his very valuable students, and all his distinguished friends around the world with whom Professor Simsek has collaborated and written articles. Further details about Professor Simsek’s professional achievements and scholarly accomplishments, as well as honors, awards and distinctions, can be found at the following website: https://avesis.akdeniz.edu.tr/ysimsek.
On this occasion, we, as the editors of this special issue, invite high-quality original research papers dealing with Pure and Applied Mathematics, and other related areas.
We are looking forward to receiving your valuable and high quality submissions.Best wishes,
Special Issue Editors:
Prof. Dr. Abdelmejid Bayad,
Prof. Dr. Mustafa Alkan,
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Irem Kucukoglu,
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ortaç Öneş.
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted by sending an email (including a cover letter to one of the Special Issue Editors, TeX and PDF files of the manuscript compatible with the TeX style of MTJPAM) to the following email address: email@example.com.
Manuscripts may also be submitted by sending an email to the email address of the Special Issue Editor. While submitting your manuscript, do not forget to notify one of the Special Issue Editors by a cover letter which states that your manuscript is for the Special Issue: Current Developments in Pure and Applied Mathematics “Dedicated to Professor Yilmaz Simsek on the occasion of his 60th Anniversary”.
Manuscripts must be compatible with the TeX style of the journal. The authors may download TeX style here.
During the preparation of the manuscript, the authors must follow the items stated in CHECKLIST which summarizes both the publication policy and the writing rules of our journal.
Remark that the following sentence: “This paper is dedicated to Professor Yilmaz SIMSEK on the occasion of his 60th anniversary” must be inserted in the “Acknowledgements” section of the manuscript.
All papers will be peer-reviewed by at least two referees. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 300 words, see also (FOR AUTHORS section)) can be sent to the MTJPAM Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the following pages:
The Montes Taurus Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics is published at least twice a year and also this journal is free of charge (For details, see: https://mtjpamjournal.com/about-the-journal). Consequently, this special issue will be published as a 3rd issue regardless of the regular issues of our journal.
Keywords for this special issue:
- Pure & Applied Mathematics
- Nonlinear Analysis,
- Global Analysis,
- Approximation Theory,
- Functional Analysis,
- Functional Equations,
- Inequalities and their Applications
- Real and Complex Analysis;
- Integral Equations and Integral Transforms;
- Higher Transcendental Functions and Their Applications;
- q-Series and q-Polynomials;
- Analytic Number Theory;
- Analytic and Geometric Inequalities;
- Probability and Statistics;
- Inventory Modeling and Optimization;
- Ordinary Differential Equations;
- Difference Equations;
- Partial Differential Equations;
- Fractional Differential Equations;
- Stochastic Differential Equations;
- Time-Scale Dynamic Equations;
- Related Topics on Differential Equations;
- Computer Science;
- Physics and Mathematical Physics;
- and Other Related Areas.