The Montes Taurus Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics (MTJPAM) is a single-blind peer reviewed and open access journal published electronically at least twice a year.
MTJPAM operates under the Creative Commons Attribution license in International Version 4 (CC BY 4.0). This allows for the reproduction of articles free of charge with the appropriate citation information. All authors publishing with MTJPAM accept these as the terms of publication.
Full article PDFs in all volumes of MTJPAM are available electronically free of charge at https://mtjpamjournal.com. Publication in MTJPAM is completely free for both authors and readers. No fees are charged to authors of accepted papers, and papers are freely accessible online to anyone. All articles published open access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read, download, copy and distribute.
MTJPAM operates under the Creative Commons Attribution license in International Version 4 (CC BY 4.0). This allows for the reproduction of articles free of charge with the appropriate citation information. That is, the authors retain the copyright to their work without restrictions, licensing it under the Creative Commons Attribution License.
Policy on Plagiarism
The authors must submit only entirely original manuscripts, and appropriately cite or quote the studies and/or expressions of others. In addition, manuscripts must not have been published before, and must not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
The journal routinely screen article submissions for plagiarism, and the journal use the services Turnitin/iThenticate for screening for plagiarism.
All authors know that the article cannot be accepted unless if the similarity rate of the article is below 30% [on the services Turnitin/iThenticate].
Publication Ethics Policy
MTJPAM follows the guidelines as expounded not only in the Code of Practice of the European Mathematical Society together with the Comments by the EMS Ethics Committee, but also in the Best Current Practices for Journals as outlined by the International Mathematical Union.
Editors’ Role in MTJPAM
The role of Our Editors is to sustain and improve wherever possible the journal’s profile and reputation. Our Editors have final responsibility for the journal’s content. Our Editors should guarantee that the journal’s aims, scope and content respond to any changes of direction in the field of study to incorporate newly-emerging work. Our Editors will work closely with our publishing team to ensure that it is strategically improved having arranged in the line of market evolution. Not only Our Editors, but also Our Publishing Team will provide suggestions in this regard, based on your complementary expertise and sources of information.
Our Editors’s ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities of Our Editors are given as follows:
- Our Editors should provide a supply of high-quality manuscripts to the MTJPAM in quantities which are able to sustain the publishing schedule of the journal. If insufficient manuscripts are being submitted, then Our Editors should discuss how to address this with our publishing team.
- Our Editors should provide that the subject matter of the manuscripts reflects any changes of direction in the field of study to incorporate newly-emerging works. This may require invitation of articles for potential publication in a new special issue.
- Our Editors should maintain your activities in accordance with generally accepted industry standards for integrity and objectivity and with the policies of the journal and the publisher. We further suggest that you refer the COPE Short Guide to Ethical Editing.
- Our Editors should always be in communications with our Publishing team for the scientific development of the journal. Mutual meetings should be held when necessary. At these meetings, our Editors should provide suggestions for strategic developments and research for the development of your journal.
- Our editors provide introductory information to their colleagues and other researchers and recommend them to access their contact addresses and published articles. That is, it is desirable that our editors help to be aware of MTJPAM in the international scientific arena.
- Associate Editors
- Section Editors
- Editorial Advisors
- Editorial Committee Members
- Guest editors
The role of a reviewer
Reviewing is a complex process that takes a very long time. Perhaps writing a scientific report can take almost as long as writing an article. Besides, reviewing is invaluable for MTJPAM journal as well as for the reviewer. On the other hand, reviewers fulfill a sense of obligation towards the society and their field of research. Thus, obligations of the reviewers are listed as follows:
- Reviewers evaluate article submissions made to our MTJPAM journal according to the journal’s requirements, predefined criteria and the quality, completeness and accuracy of the research presented.
- Reviewers provide feedback on the relevant article, suggest improvements, and advise the editor to accept, reject or request changes to the article. As a result, it is well known that the final decision is always up to the editor, but the reviewers play an important role in determining the outcome.
- Reviewers can never write their names in their personal reports. There is no specific review template to be used in the reviewing process. It is asked for only a scientific review report written without inserting the name of the reviewer since our journal is a single-blind refereed journal. Our journal is also obliged to comply with the confidentiality principle to keep the names of the reviewers confidential.
- Reviewers should not scan the paper on any software of plagiarism checker. In fact, it is not recommended to check the similarity rate by using software of plagiarism checker. Only journal editors can conduct such a scan with the aim of informing the authors so they reduce the similarity.
- By the way, reviewers can also help prevent ethical violations by identifying plagiarism, research fraud, and other issues due to their familiarity with the subject area.
- Reviewers should make their scientific and objective evaluation only on the content of the manuscript in accordance with the publication ethics policy.
- When reviewers encounter with an article with any publication ethics violation, they should report it to our journal editor.
- If there is any conflict of interests between reviewer and the authors of the manuscript, reviewers is recommended not to review the related manuscript and report it to our journal editor after invitation to review.
- Over and above, reviewers reciprocate professional courtesy, as authors and reviewers are often interchangeable roles – as reviewer, researchers “repay” the same consideration they receive as authors.
A corrigendum refers to a change to their article that the author wishes to publish at any time after acceptance.
Authors should contact the MTJPAM Editorial Office for the determination of the effect of the change and decision on the appropriate action for the preparation of the corrigendum.
The MTJPAM Editorial Office will only instigate a corrigendum to a published article after receiving approval and instructions from the Editor-in-Chief.
Learn More about:
Founder & Editor-in-Chief: Prof. Dr. Yilmaz SIMSEK
Address: Department of Mathematics Faculty of Science Akdeniz University TR-07058 Antalya, TURKEY.
Tel: +90 242 310 23 43